Looking at Billboard tonight, I came across the Top Holiday 100 and noticed that the first fourteen songs were older songs! I thought for sure that Kelly Clarkson’s Underneath the Tree would at least be in the top twenty. Nope. She’s number 34! So, who is in the top spots?
- 1. All I Want for Christmas is You Mariah Carey
- 2. Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree Brenda Lee
- 3. Jingle Bell Rock Bobby Helms
- 4. The Christmas Song Nat King Cole
- 5. A Holly Jolly Christmas Burl Ives
- 6. Feliz Navidad Jose Feliciano
- 7. It’s The Most Wonderful Time of The Year Andy Williams
- 8. White Christmas Bing Crosby
- 9. Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- 10. Happy Xmas (War is Over) John Lennon & Yoko Ono
- 11. Last Christmas Wham!
- 12. Christmas Canon Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- 13. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer Gene Autry
- 14. Do They Know It’s Christmas Band-Aid
- 15. Love is Everything Ariana Grande
- 16. Blue Christmas Elvis Presley
- 17. It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas Johnny Mathis
- 18. Sleigh Ride Leroy Anderson
- 19. Wonderful Christmas Time Paul McCartney
- 20. It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas Michael Buble
So that’s their top twenty. Here’s my top eleven (right now)…
- 1. Christmas Canon Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- 2.That Spirit of Christmas Ray Charles
- 3. Sleigh Ride Leroy Anderson
- 4. It’s The Most Wonderful Time of The Year Andy Williams
- 5. All I Want for Christmas is You Mariah Carey
- 6. It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas Johnny Mathis
- 7. Santa Baby Eartha Kitt
- 8. Please Come Home for Christmas Eagles
- 9. Baby It’s Cold Outside Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone
- 10. Little Drummer Boy Pentatonix
- 11. White Christmas Drifters
Top “Don’t Want to Hear it Again” list...
- 1. Do They Know It’s Christmas Band-Aid
- 2. Last Christmas Wham!
- 3. Feliz Navidad Jose Feliciano
- 4. Wonderful Christmas Time Paul McCartney
- 5. Dominick The Donkey (The Italian Christmas Donkey)
I can tolerate Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, I'm Gettin' Nuthin' for Christmas, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, and the Hippo song, mostly because they get played infrequently compared to others.
So which would you add to either list? Favorite? Or “never want to hear that again”? Let me know!