Institution/Corporation Library Card Policy
Any institution, business, or corporation may request a library card.
An application form will be mailed to the institution, business, or corporation requesting a card, with the following instructions:
- The completed form must be returned to the Library.
- A letter on company stationery needs to accompany the application form stating who in the organization is authorized to use the card; and, that the institution/ business/ corporation accepts responsibility for any fines, fees or charges leveled against the card.
- Once the application form and letter are on file with the library, a library card will be mailed to the organization.
The library card will be required when materials are checked out.
Institutional loan policies are the same as for all library cardholders:
- Limit to 49 items
- Normal loan periods apply
- 1 renewal, if no holds are waiting on an item
- Fines must be paid for overdue materials
- Fees must be paid for notices, etc.
- Lost materials must be paid for
- Accounts with long overdue materials will be sent to a collection agency.
Institutions/businesses/corporations may call and request specific items to be held for them at the Circulation Desk, as may other library customers.
If there are only a few items being held, they may be picked up at the Pick-up Window or placed in the After-hours Pick-up Lockers.