I started a blog post the other day and decided it was too darn long. Top Summer Songs. I found lists on Newser, HitFix Music (there are two lists there, one linked on 'HitFix' and another link on 'Music'), and Billboard.
Well, let’s just say the lists were long, and not what I expected. I wanted “summer” songs, not songs that are hot right now. (Out of these four lists, Billboard's was the closest.) I have a couple playlists at home we put together that are perfect for sitting outside on a hot day: Dock of the Bay, Beach Boys, Katrina & the Waves…that type of thing. So, if YOU wanted to put a playlist together for the beach, what songs would you choose? I’ll give you a bunch of mine, if you promise to add to it!
1. Katrina & The Waves Walking on Sunshine
2. Beach Boys Good Vibrations, Surfin’ U.S.A., California Girls, Surfin’ Safari
3. Otis Redding (Sittin’ On) The Dock of The Bay
4. Mungo Jerry In The Summertime
5. Bryan Adams Summer of ‘69
6. Don Henley The Boys of Summer
7. The Surfaris WipeOut
8. Jan & Dean Surf City
9. Sly & The Family Stone Hot Fun in the Summertime
10. Drifters Under The Boardwalk
I guess I’d add just about anything by Jack Johnson… but who else?