We are a little over a day away from the New Year. I don't think there is any question 2016 has been an eventful year for everyone. Hopefully you've made some lasting memories wit your family and friends. The New Year is sure to be an exciting one.
Whether you are having a big party to celebrate the New Year or a quiet night in, your child will enjoy the story Squirrel's New Year's Resolution. Squirrel's New Year's Resolution is written by Pat Miller and illustrated by Kathi Ember. Throughout the book Squirrel has a hard time finding a meaningful New Year's resolution. He ends up with lots of help from his friends and comes up with the perfect New Year's resolution.
After reading Squirrel's New Year's Resolution celebrate with this adorable party hat!
- Cardstock/Scrapbook paper or some other firm paper
- One large pom pom
- Embellishments (tiny jewels, stickers, etc.)
- Single hole punch
- Crayons/Markers (optional)
- Cut the largest circle possible out of cardstock/scrapbook paper (it may help to use a large bowl and trace a circle).
- Cut a pie size wedge out of cirlcle and fold circle into a cone shaped hat (as seen in picture)
- Staple hat in place (to be done by caring adult)
- Punch one hole in either side of hat about an 1/2 inch above large opening
- Embellish hat with jewels, crayons, etc.
- Attach one piece of ribbon/string/yarn through each hole
- Glue large pom pom to top of hat
As we welcome 2017, please have a safe and happy New Year. Here at Read It Make It I am looking forward to another year of great reads and fun crafts.
Thanks for reading