St. Patrick's Day is almost here and I have a great Read It book and Make It craft. S is for Shamrock: An Ireland Alphabet a non-fiction book by Eve Bunting and Illustrated by Matt Faulkner is the perfect way to learn facts about Ireland and St. Patrick's Day.
This book relates a different fact about Ireland for every letter of the alphabet. Facts about Irish Wolf Hounds, The Blarney Stone and the city of Dublin are just a few of the facts presented in this book.
After learning 26 facts about Ireland have your child make his own Shamrock with the following easy craft.
- Green tissue paper
- One piece of cardstock or construction paper
- Cut medium to large shamrock shape out of construction paper/cardstock
- Cut tissue paper into 2' x 2' s squares
- Wrinkle a tissue paper square in your hand and glue to shamrock shape
- Continue to wrinkle and glue until the shamrock is covered with wrinkled tissue paper
Enjoy your new St. Patrick's Day decoration!