Genealogy buffs may be interested in a new program from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
This fee-based program enables genealogists to access naturalization and immigration records.
Here are the types of records available:
- Naturalization Certificate Files (C-files) from September 27, 1906 to April 1, 1956
- Alien Registration Forms from August 1, 1940 to March 31, 1944
- Visa files from July 1, 1924 to March 31, 1944
- Registry Files from March 2, 1929 to March 31, 1944
- Alien Files (A-files) numbered below 8 million (A8000000) and documents therein dated prior to May 1, 1951
There are fees: Searching costs $20, and buying copies of records will cost either $20 or $35, depending on the record type.