Borrowing and Renewing Material
- Registered library card holders may borrow all materials, free of charge, for periods of one week, or three weeks.
- Users may have up to 75 checked out items on their library cards at one time. Some formats, such as video games, may be limited to two at one time.
- Your library card is the preferred method for checking out items, but you can use your driver's license or other picture ID.
- Fines and fees are charged when materials are not returned on time.
- Golden Buckeye Card holders are exempt from most fines but must pay fees if items are sent to collection.
- Replacement costs, fines, and fees (if materials are overdue) are charged when materials are lost or damaged.
- Most materials may be renewed up to three times. The Web catalog is available any time to renew most library materials. The new loan period begins on the date of renewal. If other patrons have requested the item, you cannot renew.
- You may call the Circulation Desk (440-871-2600) to request renewals or for further information. You must call in order to request the renewal of items borrowed by interlibrary loan, through SearchOhio, or OhioLINK.
Courtesy Notifications: Reminders, Overdue Items and Available Holds
You can choose to receive notifications from the library by:
- text messaging*
* Depending on your cell phone plan, you may incur charges to receive these text messages, so check with your cell phone provider before signing up.
You must set the means of receiving notifications in person at the Circulation Desk or by filling out a Change of Address form online.
If you have selected email or text messaging notifications, you will receive a message 2 days before an item is due.
You will receive a notification that an item is overdue 3 days, 10 days and 21 days after the due date. When materials are 35 days overdue, a paper notification will be sent to your address.
You will receive notification by the format that you have selected when materials that you have placed on hold are available to check out.
|Fine per day||Per Item Maximum|
|DVDs, Blu-Rays, and CDs||10¢||$3.00|
|SearchOhio and OhioLINK items*||50¢||$25.00|
* Golden Buckeye card holders are not exempt from overdue fines on SearchOhio and OhioLINK items.
- Repair costs depend upon the extent of the damage
- $1.00 for a replacement library card
- A processing fee of $10.00 per patron is charged when an account is sent to collection.
The cost to replace lost or damage cases-- for DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, video games, etc.-- varies, ranging from $0.50 to around $11.
Notify the library when any materials are lost. Total charges for an item will include the cost of the item, fines, and fees.
Suspension of your privileges will occur if:
- Materials are not returned within five weeks of the due date
- Fees are unpaid for lost or damaged materials
- Total fines exceed $10.00
Your neighbors depend upon you to return, on time, the library materials you borrowed.