The first building to house the newly established library was a former saloon bought by the library trustees in 1886. It was located on Center Ridge Road next to the town hall. This building served as the home of the library for over 60 years until the size of the building could no longer keep up with the growing demands and population of the City of Westlake.
In 1952 the library relocated to the former Ohio Bell Trinity Exchange at 27059 Center Ridge Road. An addition was completed in 1961. This location served as home to the library throughout the 1960s, 1970s, and the early 1980s.
In August 1985 the library moved into its new (and current) home at 27333 Center Ridge Road. The library moved into a temporary facility in 1999 as the building underwent a needed renovation and expansion. In 2002 the library moved back into its newly renovated home.