Dear WPPL Cardholders and Visitors,
The virus known as Coronavirus or COVID-19 has been detected in individuals in Cuyahoga County. The health and safety of library users and staff are of utmost importance. WPPL is following the guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health to protect our customers and employees. This includes:
- Employees are asked to stay home if they show signs of illness.
- Cleaning in all public areas of the library is being done at a greater frequency. Toys have been temporarily removed from the Youth Services department.
- Employees are encouraged to frequently wash their hands, use rubber gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer is available for visitors in dispensers throughout the library.
- Library users who are not feeling well or are experiencing symptoms of this virus are asked to stay home.
As usual, please check the library's event calendar for the latest information on programs and classes at the library. Patrons choosing to remain at home can still enjoy WPPL’s digital, streaming and downloadable collections. The library also has drive-up services available such as our pick-up window, book drop, and after-hours lockers.
WPPL will continue to stay open during its regular hours. However, the situation will be monitored based on recommendations from the CDC and the Ohio Department of Health. Any updates will be posted to our website and social media.
Please visit the CDC or the Ohio Department of Health for more information about the Coronavirus.
We thank you for your continued usage and support of the library and look forward to remaining open during this time to bring you great library programs, collections, and services.