Starting June 1 record each day that you read. After you complete 20 days of reading (they do not need to be consecutive) perform a kindness activity. Once your activity is complete, stop by the library to pick-up your reward and get your entry into the grand prize raffle!
Don’t stop there! Keep reading and after you complete 40 days of reading and another kindness activity, stop by the library to pick up your completion reward and receive 2 more entries for the grand prize raffle!
The Summer Library Challenge is open to all ages!
- For kids up to Kindergarten age we recommend 5-10 minutes per day
- For kids in grades 1-6 we recommend 20 minutes per day
- For adults, teens and kids in grades 7+ we recommend 30 minutes per day
- Any amount of reading counts!
A bonus of 20 extra reading days will earn you up to 4 more grand prize raffle entries and each additional kindness activity completed earns 1 extra entry per activity to the grand prize raffle. Bonus entries are logged on Beanstack only.
Choose two acts of kindness to complete during the Summer Library Challenge after 20 days and 40 days. After you've finished the Challenge, you can earn one extra entry per bonus activity to the grand prize raffle (up to 14 more entries!).
Hold the door open for someone.
Volunteer your time to help others.
- Use recyclables to build a birdhouse.
- Make a recipe from a WPPL cookbook (don't forget our digital resources!) and share it with someone.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Bring a friend to see a "Movie Under the Stars" at WPPL.
- Donate an item or items you no longer need to a charity of your choice.
- Wash someone's car.
- Smile at people you pass while visiting the StoryWalk® at Westlake Recreation Center.
- Call your grandparents and ask them about their childhood.
- Do a chore for someone without them knowing.
- Make a gift for someone using the Makerspace.
- Read a book to a furry friend.
- Pick up litter.
- Plan a family night.
Halfway prizes are available beginning Monday, June 20.
Final prizes are available beginning Sunday, July 10.
Teens in grades 7-12 who complete 40 days of reading will be invited to the Teen Lock-In on Friday, August 4 from 7-9 pm.
Grand prize raffle entries must be entered by 9 pm on August 1. Grand prize raffles will be drawn on August 2 and winners will be notified by library staff. All rewards must be picked up no later than August 15.
All prizes are subject to availability while supplies last.